You don’t have to travel far, to have unique and beautiful experiences.
We had so much fun creating this travel guide of our hometown, Salt Lake City! It gave us a fresh perspective of how beautiful our home really is. It goes to show that no matter where you live, you can always find beauty near by. It’s all about seeing your home with new eyes! On a different note, we filmed this just three weeks after having Greta, and I loved packing her around in my Solly Baby wraps! To me, there is nothing better than baby wearing. 🙂
WHAT TO DO AND SEE:
1) Temple Square. Take a tour of the beautiful gardens and the visitor center!
2) City Creek Center. Hands down the best and biggest mall in Utah. The roof opens and closes depending on the weather!
3) Rent City Bikes. This is our favorite way to see any city, and you can find them on the streets downtown.
4) SLC Library. We love to take the elevator to the roof, and look over the city!
5) Hogle Zoo. If you have kids, this is a really fun spot. Make sure to ride the train and watch the bird show!
6) This is the Place Heritage Park. This is where the historical homes of the pioneers were relocated. The workers are dressed as pioneers, and there is a cute petting zoo! You can also find old fashioned candy and homemade donuts here.
7) Hike Ensign Peak. This hike is really short, and overlooks the whole city!
8) Snowbird Ski Resort. Ski in the winter, and ride the tram in the spring/summer/fall!
9) Utah State Capitol. This is a beautiful spot for pictures, especially when the cherry blossoms are out in the spring!
10) Liberty Park. This park is huge! There are little rides in the summer, like a ferris wheel and swings! We also enjoy packing a picnic and feeding the ducks.
WHERE TO EAT:
1) Settebello’s. Best tasting pizza in Salt Lake. They import all of their ingredients from Italy!
2) Gourmandise Bakery. The widest selection of pastries, and I’m convinced every pastry is amazing.
3) Blue Plate Diner. They serve breakfast all day!
4) The Dodo. Comfort food at it’s finest. We love eating here for dinner!
5) Taqueria 27. A fun spin off of traditional mexican food.
**Sponsored by Solly Baby.