It was so awesome to hang out with Amber, and get a glimpse of a local’s perspective on the big city!
It was a stroke of fate that this collaboration came together with my dear friend, Amber! After living in NYC for the last few years, her cute little family is moving out of state this week. So I was so lucky to catch her right before her big move! It was a crazy time for me, with the launch of Somewhere Devine, and a brand new baby in tote — and also for Amber with her move, and launching her new product Barefoot Blonde Hair! But it all came together, and it was seriously so fun. This was the first time that Brad and I had traveled to the same city to work on different projects, let alone the first project that I put on myself with a newborn baby! Ha! Greta was no problem at all, she just snoozed the whole time. The real problem was the STROLLER! Uhg! I don’t know how you city mama’s do it! I take my hat off to you! Anyway… It was so awesome to hang out with Amber, and get a glimpse of a local’s perspective on the big city! We took bikes around Central Park, and I was seriously struggling to catch up with her! Hahah! It was my first time ‘working out’ post-baby, and my legs felt like JELLO. Oh man. Such a reality check!
Here are some of Amber’s favorite spots in the city!
WHAT TO SEE:
1) Central Park: Row boats, ride bikes, and have a picnic at Sheep Meadow. Also visit Bow Bridge and Gapstow Bridge!
2) Pier 5: Have a BBQ and walk to Brooklyn Bridge Park at sunset.
3) Brooklyn Bridge: A great photo opportunity, but go early in the morning to avoid crowds!
4) Top of the Rock: The best view of Central Park & the whole city from above.
5) Washington Square Park: Take pictures at the iconic arch in the heart of NYC!
6) The Whitney Museum: Explore different floors of modern and contemporary American art exhibitions.
7) Chelsea Market: Walk the highline and get mini donuts at the Doughnuttery.
8) Little Italy: Walk the streets and try authentic Italian food.
9) Grand Central Station: The busiest train station in the country! Prime people watching. 😉
10) Sea Glass Carousel: An underwater atmosphere where you ride beautiful fiberglass fish.
WHERE TO EAT:
1) Quality Meats for a hearty dinner. Be sure to make a reservation!
2) Juice Generation for acai bowls and green smoothies.
3) Jacob’s Pickles for buttery biscuits and homemade jam.
4) Sweetgreen for beautifully tossed salads.
5) Emack and Bolio’s for ice cream with cereal on the cone.
Thanks again Amber, for showing me such a great time!